Scroll Down for latest changelogs!
Hello fellow colonists!
Some of you might have noticed the string of updates during the last couple of days and those who were around in the previous Alpha’s are already used to lots of updates coming out right after the release of big update.
Fortunately, the launch went over quite well bug-wise with a lot of reviews applauding the stability and performance of the game. This is in big part thanks to our secret pre-release test group, which consisted of a couple hard working community members and translators who found some bugs before the full version went out to the rest of you So thanks.
Nevertheless, some things go unnoticed or occur only in very specific situtations, so the last couple of days I rolled out some bugfixes, with Alpha 8.0.4 being released today. Since a couple of people were interested in what changed in all of these updates, I wanted to give you a quick overview:
- There is some new furniture in decorations. Something very quick and simple, but why not?
- Doctors can now fix their own limbs
- The writing technology no longer requires you to unlock gardening, to make training your doctor (and other professions) early on more easily accessible
- Changed the formula that calculates hurt and broken limbs (should be more rare now)
- Wooden swords now equippable
- Fixed a bug where games couldn’t be loaded if during saving there was a bug infestation going on where some, but not all of the plants where deleted by the player
- Fixed another loading bug where doors didn’t know which wall they belonged to
- Fixed about 5-10 smaller bugs which were reported by our automized error reporting tool. (Though all of the issues were small, one issue logged over 2 million error messages in the last couple of days. I tried to clean up the database, but had thousands of new error reports within the minute )
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t grab windows properly (@thomasjohn)
- Fixed a bug where you could steal goblin’s cages and torches (I see what you did @JordanPANDA)
- Fixed a bug where important possessions wouldn’t update if game was in pause mode
- Fixed typos and included translation fixes
- Fixed a bug where colonists wouldn’t go into tiny rooms because of AI navigation issues
- Fixed a bug where foliage wouldn’t properly vanish when objects were placed on top of it
I think I forgot some minor things, but that’s ok. I also didn’t fix every bug in this update, and that’s ok too
Keep the feedback coming and thanks for all the nice words. We’re can count ourselves happy to have such a supportive community.